Welcome to theBad.net Lee Van Cleef Blog! Here you will find information, photos, videos, and some of my opinions of the badman himself.

Many thanks to the wonderful fans of theBad.net for their contributions and continued enthusiasm!

Saturday, November 18, 2023

Every Frame of LVC in - The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (1962)

Courtesy of the YouTube channel, "LVC Archives", I will be presenting footage of LVC from his smaller parts (roles that have under 5 minutes of screen time), that may be difficult to find on home video.

This week we will be looking at his performance in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

A note on the footage below-  It only contains footage the LVC is in on camera, not complete scenes.  It may not make a lot of sense!



3 comments:

  1. The Old West in Fact and Films (Jeremy Agnew) - John Wayne asked Lee how fast he could draw his gun - Lee replied "I can draw so fast you won't be able to clap jour hands before I put it between your hands" - Lee Marvin agreed to count to three and saw what happened - Lee said "John Wayne clapped his hands and I drew my gun and I had the gun between his hands before he could bring them together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I've read that before. And supposedly John Wayne said " How are we going to do this scene with you that fast?" Lee said "I'll slow it down for you Duke". Wayne then said " Thanks for giving this old cowboy a break".

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right and Lee was still very fast when he made a commercial shorty before he passed away - a great shooter - always fast draw - Lee was really outstanding

    ReplyDelete