Welcome to theBad.net Lee Van Cleef Blog! Here you will find information, photos, videos, and some of my opinions of the badman himself.

Many thanks to the wonderful fans of theBad.net for their contributions and continued enthusiasm!

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Location: El Condor



I love El Condor, and during my trip to Spain I was hoping to see the remains of the El Condor fortress built for the film.  Sadly that was not the case.  The area is locked and gated.




As I was not feeling adventurous enough to jump the gate, had already visited five other locations that day, and it was getting late, that is as far as I got.  Hopefully I can get in contact with whoever owns this location so I can visit it on a return trip next year.

On the plus side there was a great view of "Western Leone" from this location.  You will recognize the McBain house from Once Upon a Time in the West.  The rest of the town was built later for other westerns and to cash in on the tourists.


 
 Hopefully I can update this post next year!

5 comments:

  1. El Condor was shot entirely in Spain & was a U. S. production from National General. Typically since For A Few Dollars More, the films in which Lee worked were Italian productions with co-producers & were shot in Spain but with most interiors shot in the big studio in Rome. Of course Barquero, shot just before El Condor, was also a U. S. production & shot in Colorado.

    I think I can see the bush to the left where Jim Brown & Marianne Hill would hide between scenes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the bush to the left...seriously?

      Delete
  2. Aaron, did you find out why the ElCondor area was gated? Was it in a state of delapidation and unsafe or what?
    To bad you couldn't get in there. Hopefully next time you will find someone willing to take you in there.
    Thanks so much for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure it is due to safety concerns. The set is in absolute ruin, and it would be a liability is anyone was just roaming around in there and got hurt.

      Delete
    2. We don't need no stinkin' lawyers.

      Delete