Welcome to theBad.net Lee Van Cleef Blog! Here you will find information, photos, videos, and some of my opinions of the badman himself.

Many thanks to the wonderful fans of theBad.net for their contributions and continued enthusiasm!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My First LVC Autograph

I had become a LVC fan in 1992 while in high school.  At the time there was not much LVC memorabilia out there, except for a few VHS tapes and laser discs, and of course there was no eBay or internet really yet to track things down. 

One rainy winter afternoon I found myself at downtown Seattle's Pike Place Market, at one of my favorite comic shops; Golden Age Collectibles.  Bordering the ceiling of the entire store are signed 8x10s of various celebrities.  This was something I always checked out, although I had never bought an autograph in my life.  As I scanned the walls I spotted a signed 8x10 of my new hero, Lee Van Cleef!  It was priced at $25.  Of course I had to have it!  That was only the beginning...

Best $25 I ever spent.  20 years later I still have it!





7 comments:

  1. Well, lemme be the first to add a Comment on your shiny-new LVC blog, amigo...!

    Ah, Golden Age Collectibles --- I didn't get down there as much as I'd've liked when I lived in Rain City. I was piss-poor most of the time, so even that purty gud $25 tag on the LVC sig would've been beyond me, then. But BOY have these scheeBay Schysterz gone nuts!! Seein' WAY too many WAAAAY PRICEY sigs for LVC, lately -- $300?? Who're they kiddin'? Hopefully, if we hard-core LVCites stay friendly w. each other, and don't get into our own Bidding Wars, we can do our best to Keep the Prices Affordable, eh?

    Congrats again, on the great new blog, Aaron!
    Best,
    DCG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I have to say this is a pic w/sig I have never seen before. I have seen this particular image but not with a sig. I too have a couple of LVC sigs myself and one of Lee's paintings. And like you Aaron, I will never part with them. They will have to pry my cold, dead mitts off of them.
    LOVE THIS BLOG!!!;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Alanna, I would love to see that painting sometime!

      Delete
    2. Don't be offended, Aaron, but iirc I made a deal w. Alanna to reserve that particular image for my LVC book. Alanna...correct me if I misremember??

      Best,
      DCG.

      Delete
    3. Actually G-man, Noliwe posted a picture of this particular painting on the BadNet last Summer when she was looking for interested buyers. So most folks here have already seen it. I could make some better pictures of it and either post here or send to Aaron privately.

      Delete
  3. Not offended, but what are you talking about? :)

    You want to use the M7 photo for your book, or the above signed photo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nevermind... you mean the painting... I get it.

      No worries!

      Delete