Welcome to theBad.net Lee Van Cleef Blog! Here you will find information, photos, videos, and some of my opinions of the badman himself.

Many thanks to the wonderful fans of theBad.net for their contributions and continued enthusiasm!

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Location: Tabernas - Bowie Saloon

 
One of my favorite locations from my first trip to Spain was that of the Agua Caliente Tavern from For a Few Dollars More.  At the time I didn't realize that it was also the Bowie Bar in Day of Anger.   The photos below are from my return trip to the location.
 
Like many locations in Spaghetti Westerns, this was a pre-existing location not built for any one film.  Today it is in ruins, it's roof collapsed and the walls beginning to crumble.  Vegetation from the desert has also began to take over.  Even as nature retakes this location, much of it can still be recognized from Day of Anger.


Talby enters the bar


 note collapsed roof to the right


 Wild Jack enters


 with the door missing, the roadway is only a few feet outside


collapsed roof
 
 
Below is a comparison between when the movie was shot, my first visit in 2013, and my next visit 18 months later in 2015. 
 
 
 
Additional location photos below.  Click to enlarge!
 
 


 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment