Welcome to theBad.net Lee Van Cleef Blog! Here you will find information, photos, videos, and some of my opinions of the badman himself.

Many thanks to the wonderful fans of theBad.net for their contributions and continued enthusiasm!

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Happy New Year, and a Look Ahead at 2015!

Happy New Year!

The LVC Blog will continue with weekly Saturday updates throughout the year.  Truth be told there are already enough entries written for the entire year, but I am sure there will be new things to report as the year progresses!

Here is a tease on what is to come in 2015....

More Locations!

I have a couple weeks booked for Spain in April, so you can expect more than a fistful of location reports in the spring and summer.  It won't just be Spanish locations, expect some from the US as well.  Check out the Barquero location below!

Brush Hollow Reservoir in Colorado

More Pressbooks!

At the time of this writing I have 26 books scanned and ready to go.  Many interesting pictures and articles!

A small sample of some upcoming books!

More Surprises!

 
 
Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to 2015 Aaron and it all sounds exciting! I have the Day of Anger and Big Gundown press books. Got them back in the late 1960s but both have a few of the ads cut out by the theater as they were sent to the newspaper. The Day of Anger I have has a LVC filmography in it which was mostly complete for it's day.

    I found two Lee Van Cleef TV jobs on YouTube over the holidays. Lee has the most screen time in the Tombstone Territory episode and Pamela Duncan plays his sister.

    I imagine the Barquero locations look much as they do today.

    I found my VHS copy of Thieves of Fortune and watched it again for the first time since the early 1980's. After looking at it again, I think most, if not all, of that film was shot in South Africa and not California. So much of it seemed new to me. I think I may have turned it off after Lee died of a heart attack and never finished it as Lee is out of the film rather quickly, especially for the second billing he gets. Also I'm pretty sure this film was shot in 1988 under the title "May The Best Man Win". I remember noticing shooing on that in 1988 in Variety and wrote it down under that title and apparently figured it was never released. It didn't come out in the U. S. until it got a VHS tape release in 1990.

    Well Happy New Year and I'm sure our hero is more popular and known now that ever around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A faithful reader (Maggie)January 4, 2015 at 11:56 AM

    Lots of stuff to look forward to, hooray!

    ReplyDelete